A MESSAGE FROM Mental Health America of Greater Houston
Mental illness affects all members of the Greater Houston area in some way; according to a report issued by the University of Texas School of Public Health, more than 30% of Houstonians are within the close social network of a person with a severe mental illness. Families, schools, and businesses are all benefiting from our work which increases access to health and human services aimed at prevention, early intervention, and treatment of behavioral disorders and mental illness.
Mental Health America of Greater Houston, established in 1954 by philanthropist Ima Hogg, is the area’s longest serving mental health education and advocacy organization focused on shaping the mental health of people and communities in the areas of children and education, integrated health care, veterans, and community education.
· MHA covers race registration fee for Chevron Houston Marathon, Aramco Houston Half Marathon, and We Are Houston 5k
· Fundraisers who raise at least $1,000 will be invited as our special guests to our Annual Treasures of Texas Luncheon, Fall 2024
· Receive MHA swag to show that you run for everyone’s mental health
· Receive a running shirt for race day
· Those who raise $500+ will receive HERO benefits
*Access to special HERO bathroom on race day
*Access to post-race HERO tent at RunFest
Photos & Videos
Search For A Team Member
Search For A Team
2024 Houston Marathon Race Weekend
The Houston Marathon is an annual marathon held every January in Houston, Texas. With thousands of runners and spectators, it is the largest single day sporting event in the city. It is run concurrently with a half marathon.