The H.E.A.R.T. Program (Housing, Entrepreneurship And Readiness Training) is a program of the 501(c)3 nonprofit, Educational Programs Inspiring Communities, Inc. Our mission is to promote structured independence for individuals with developmental disabilities by providing innovative education, training, housing and employment programs.
H.E.A.R.T. opened its doors on February 1, 2006 and has created hundreds of job opportunities for low-income adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities (aka trainees). H.E.A.R.T. trainees service over 65 vending machines throughout the Houston area as well as over 150 concession events annually. In addition, H.E.A.R.T. provides the training and guidance necessary for trainees to work at all of these enterprises and earn paychecks at minimum wage or higher.
H.E.A.R.T.'s philosophy is that everyone deserves the opportunity to excel and experience a sense of pride and accomplishment that is achieved through education and employment.
Visit www.heartprogram.org for more information!
Saturday, January 13, 2024 – We are Houston 5K
Sunday, January 14, 2024 – Chevron Houston Marathon/Aramco Houston Half Marathon
Fundraise and Run for H.E.A.R.T. (FFR):
- Raise a minimum of $650 to receive a guaranteed FULL or HALF Marathon entry.
- Raise a minimum of $250 to receive a guaranteed 5K entry.
- Runners must raise at least $175 by November 30, 2023 and must meet the full fundraising minimum by February 1, 2024.
Donate and Run for H.E.A.R.T. (HERO):
- Donate $350 to receive a guaranteed FULL or HALF Marathon entry.
- Last day to become a HERO is December 1, 2024.
Various levels of Corporate Sponsorship and Teams are available too!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.